Wednesday 4 August 2010

Eating out



I've stayed at home alone for 4 days and trust me, when you don't have a car and you're not living in New York City, it is NOT fun. I came here to Palo Alto 20 days ago, staying with my dad's friend. I was going to spend the whole summer here till school starts, but now I just can't wait to get it over with. The weather is divine, it's not hot in the day and really chilled at night, but this family I'm with is really..well, traditional, authentic Chinese(even though they've been here in the states for more than 20 years) they eat at home ALL day every day, and the food is just boring. I'm crazy about food, and I'm always cooking myself, trying to make something that's healthy and delicious (because I'm always on diet xP). I am Chinese but I don't really like Chinese food that much, I don't eat rice not because it's carb I just don't like it. So eating here is just..sad. Last week Alan, the son of my dad's friend, took me to Haights in San Francisco and had a wonderful time shopping vintage. We were both so tired of home food, there couldn't have been a more perfect time for some fatty American food(normally I would go to Japanese restaurant, but I was really hungry and junkie-sick). The reataurant we went was pretty small, but they had really good food, and the coffee there was, for a small restaurant like that, amazing. I took this photo there while I was waiting for my steak patty sandwich and a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I liked how they organized the kitchen, and it was relaxing just sitting there, sipping my coffee, and watching them cook.

15 days to go I'll be back in LA. Please December, come..right now it's just another summer I cannot bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment